POLICE OFFICER, Charter Township of Kalamazoo, Michigan
The Township of Kalamazoo Police Department (TKPD) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of full-time police officer.
The Township of Kalamazoo is located in Western Michigan, in Kalamazoo County. The Township of Kalamazoo Police Department serves a population of approximately 24,000 residents within a 12 square mile area in the Township of Kalamazoo and also provides policing services for the City of Parchment.
TKPD has an authorized strength of 34 sworn officers. Assignments include the Patrol Division, Criminal Investigation Unit, South West Enforcement Team (SWET) – MSP narcotics task force, Southwest Commercial Auto Recovery (SCAR) – MSP auto theft task force, School Resource Officer, Borgess Hospital Liaison Officer, Field Training Unit, Kalamazoo Metro S.W.A.T., and more. The Department responds to approximately 16,000 calls for service per year.
The Township of Kalamazoo Police Department is accepting applications for qualified candidates who are highly motivated and career oriented. The minimum requirements for employment with our department are:
- Be 21 years of age
- Be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D. (college degree strongly preferred)
- Have no felony convictions; misdemeanors will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Possess a valid driver's license and very good driving record
- Be M.C.O.L.E.S. certified or certifiable within 3 months of applying
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Successfully complete all phases of the selection process
BENEFITS & WAGES
- Police Officer 1 starting salary in 2020 is $46,654.40 ($22.43 per hour)
Top pay after 6 years of service in 2020 is $70,928.00 ($34.10 per hour)
2021 is $71,635.20 ($34.44 per hour)
2022 is $73,070.40 ($35.13 per hour)
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and optical
- Pension-Municipal Employees' Retirement System B4 - MERS Defined Benefit (2.5% multiplier per year of service with cost of living increase)
- Personal Time - 24 hours per year
- Vacation Time - 1 to 3 years - 14 days; 4 to 9 years - 21 days; 10+ years - 30 days
- Comp Time - Maintain up to 75 hours
- Sick Time - 96 hours per year
- Holidays - 10 per year
- Continued education - 50% tuition reimbursement
- Uniform, dry cleaning and equipment provided
- Longevity pay
- Yearly equipment stipend
- Yearly physical preparedness incentive
- Retiree healthcare
- Will match pay from in-state or out of state law enforcement officer positions not to exceed TKPD Police Officer 6 pay
To be considered for this position, complete an application and submit it, along with a resume and cover letter, to email@example.com or 1720 Riverview Dr. Kalamazoo, MI, 49004. Application information can be found at: http://www.ktwp.org/Default.aspx?tabid=5861 If selected, you will be contacted and invited to take a written test. The Township of Kalamazoo Police Department is committed to a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. We will continue to accept applications until all positions are filled.