POLICE OFFICER, Charter Township of Kalamazoo, Michigan
The Township of Kalamazoo Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Police Officer 1.
The Township of Kalamazoo is located in Western Michigan, in Kalamazoo County. The Township of Kalamazoo Police Department serves a population of approximately 24,000 residents within a 12 square mile area in the Township and the City of Parchment.
The Township of Kalamazoo Police Department has an authorized strength of 32 sworn officers. Assignments include the Patrol Division, Criminal Investigation Unit, and other specialized units. The Department responds to approximately 16,000 calls for service per year.
The Township of Kalamazoo Police Department is accepting applications for qualified candidates who are highly motivated and career oriented. The minimum requirements for employment with our department are:
- Be 21 years of age
- Be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D. (college degree strongly preferred)
- Have no felony convictions; misdemeanors will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Possess a valid driver's license and very good driving record
- Be M.C.O.L.E.S. certified or certifiable within 3 months of completion of the EMPCO test
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Successfully complete all phases of the selection process
BENEFITS & WAGES
- Police Officer 1 starting salary in 2018 is $46,633.60 ($22.43/hour)
- Top pay after 6 years of service in 2018 is $66,227.20 ($31.84/hour)
- Excellent health insurance, including medical, dental, and optical
- Municipal Employees' Retirement System B4 - MERS Defined Benefit
- Personal Time - 24 hours per year
- Vacation Time - 1 to 3 years - 14 days; 4 to 9 years - 21 days; 10+ years - 30 days
- Holidays - 10 per year
- Continued education - 50% tuition reimbursement
- Uniform and equipment provided
To be considered for this position, complete an application and submit it, along with a resume and cover letter, to email@example.com or 1720 Riverview Dr. Kalamazoo, MI, 49004. If selected, you will be contacted and invited to take a written test. The Township of Kalamazoo Police Department is committed to a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
We will continue to accept applications until all positions are filled.