Bulk Trash pickups for 2020 are scheduled during the weeks of APRIL 6-10, JULY 6-10 and OCTOBER 5-9. Check the curbside recycle map to see which day your trash will be picked up. Limit at each pick up, approximately 3.5 cubic yards. If you think your address was missed please call the township within 24 hours of your pick-up day.
If you have a mattress infested with bed bugs, write “Bed Bugs” on the mattress and enclose it in a strong plastic bag or it will not be picked up. If you would like information on avoiding or controlling bed bugs Click Here.
Regulations for Bulk Trash Pick Up
- This pick-up is intended to help you get rid of the things you can't fit in your trash container. It is not a substitute for garbage service.
- If you have some smaller items they should be in a bin, box or clear heavy duty plastic bag, contents must be visible.
- Bags and containers must weigh less than 50 lbs.
- Larger items such as: Furniture, toys, bicycles, appliances*, home fixtures and any other items as long as they are considered non-hazardous.
- A very limited amount of building materials: doors, sections of fencing - must be cut down to fit into the truck and can be lifted by one person.
- Latex Paints - Paint must be dried up in containers (used sawdust, kitty litter or just leave the can open for a few days).
- Wheel rims and small car parts.
- Republic Services picks up most things placed at the curb as long as it is prepared in "Manageable Bundles", clear bags, boxes and containers. They are not allowed to unload vehicles or trailers. The exceptions are below.
- Large Plastic Drums
- Large pieces of Metal
- "Yard Waste"
- Liquid Waste or Hazardous Waste
- Tires (Tires may be accepted if they are cut up in flat pieces)
- Tires on Rims
- Non-Latex Paints & Varnishes
- Motor Oil & Solvents
- Any Batteries
- Regulated Medical Waste
- Large car parts such as; Engine blocks, bodies, oversize hoods & doors
- Building demolition: While they will take very small amounts of construction debris, they will not be able to remove large volumes such as: Garage or House demolition that would normally require a construction style dumpster.
- Appliances that contain Freon, such as: Refrigerators & Air Conditioners*, These items can be accepted if the Freon is removed and the appliance is "tagged" by a licensed facility that the Freon is removed.
- Consumers Energy will pay $50 for old working refrigerators. Contact them at 877-270-3519 for more information.
Please refer to documentation from the Michigan DEQ, which lists most of these items as banned from Michigan Landfills.
For a modest fee, you can drive bulk trash items typically 6 days/week at:
- Best Way Transfer Station, 2606 Miller Road, 800-950-5519
- Republic Services Transfer Station, 3432 Gembrit Circle, 269-216-8000
Republic Services will also pick up furniture or appliances by appointment.