Leaf and Brush Pick up is May 2-6
Leaves must be set at the curb in paper yard waste bags. Sticks no more than 2 inches in diameter and 4 feet long must be tied in bundles. Make sure you know which day yours will be picked up. Call the township or click here to check the map.
Road Repairs Scheduled
Construction season is almost here and that means the beginning of the 2nd year of repairs and reconstruction for local roads in Kalamazoo Township. Presentation were made by the Road Commission of Kalamazoo County informing atendees of the work schedule and what you should expect to see happening in your neighborhood this summer. If you were unable to attend you can find the information distributed in the links that follow.
Meeting Hand Outs - Click Here Meeting Presentation - Click Here
To find a list of roads slated for work this summer and much more information on roads and transportation in Kalamazoo Township by Click Here.
Zoning Ordinance Update
For the past year your planning commission has been actively involved with a project to update the Township’s Zoning Ordinance, zoning map and design guidelines. The current Zoning Ordinance was adopted in 1947 and has been amended on a regular basis during the past 65+ years without a comprehensive revision. In its current form, the Ordinance fails to meet the Township’s needs in several areas and in some, contradicts Michigan Law.
You can get a preview by clicking the following links: Draft Kalamazoo Township Zoning Ordinance, Draft Zoning Map, 2014 Master Plan.
- Single hauler trash service with Republic Services began on April 1. We hope you will be patient as we make this transition. Everyone has been working hard to make sure everyone has a cart. If you receive a cart from Republic Services and were not planning to get a cart or would like a different size cart please call Republic Services at their local number 775-3020 to let them know. They will pick up the cart or change it for another size. You can find answers to your questions about Single Trash Hauler Service on our Recycle and Waste page quick links. Click Here.
- No changes have been made to the Recycling, Bulk Trash Pick-up or Leaf and Brush Pick-up. They are not impacted by the change to a single hauler for weekly garbage service.
- You can find a list of roads slated for repair or reconstruction in 2016 and a description of the work to be done on our Transportation and Roads page. Just Click Here.
- If you need information about your taxes chances are you can get it without calling by clicking TAX INFORMATION.
- Information or forms for voting or running for office can be found on the Clerk's Page.
Kalamazoo Township Receives Friend of Bicycling Award at February 8, 2016 Board Meeting
Presenting the award to Supervisor Ronald Reid are John Olbrot, Renee Mitchell, and Paul Selden of the Kalamazoo Bicycle Club.