Eastwood is holding a neighborhood garage sale on June 25, 2016. There will also be convenient drop off for electronics recycling at the Eastwood Fire Station that day. Click here for more information.
Kalamazoo Township was recently featured in Focus, a publication of the Michigan Township Association. To see the article Click Here.
Road Repairs Scheduled
Paving will be taking place east of Nichols Rd. on Saturday, June 25. If you live in an area where they're working please be sure that you don't leave your car parked on the street. Thanks for your patience.
Construction season has started and that means the beginning of the 2nd year of repairs and reconstruction for local roads in Kalamazoo Township. Presentations were made by the Road Commission of Kalamazoo County informing attendees of the work schedule and what you should expect to see happening in your neighborhood this summer. If you were unable to attend you can find the information distributed in the links that follow. You can also find weekly updates from the Road Commission on our News and Alerts links.
Meeting Hand Outs - Click Here Meeting Presentation - Click Here
To find a list of roads slated for work this summer and much more information on roads and transportation in Kalamazoo Township by Click Here.
Alert for Westwood residents east of Nichols Road
The road commission has begun milling and paving roads. There may be a temporary inconvenience during the time the construction crews are on your street. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.
Zoning Ordinance Update
-For the past year your planning commission has been actively involved with a project to update the Township’s Zoning Ordinance, zoning map and design guidelines. A public hearing was held on June 8, where some minor changes were made. The changes will be incorporated into the text and map for final approval at the regular planning commission meeting on July 7, 2016.
The current Zoning Ordinance was adopted in 1947 and has been amended on a regular basis during the past 65+ years without a comprehensive revision. In its current form, the Ordinance fails to meet the Township’s needs in several areas and in some, contradicts Michigan Law.
You can get a preview by clicking the following links: Draft Kalamazoo Township Zoning Ordinance, Draft Zoning Map, 2014 Master Plan.
Single Hauler Garbage Service
- You can find answers to your questions about Single Hauler Garbage Service on our Recycle and Waste page quick links. If you still have questions regarding single hauler garbage services please call Republic Services at their local number 775-3020. Click Here.
- No changes have been made to the Recycling, Bulk Trash Pick-up or Leaf and Brush Pick-up. They are not impacted by the change to a single hauler for weekly garbage service.
- You can find a list of roads slated for repair or reconstruction in 2016 and a description of the work to be done on our Transportation and Roads page. Just Click Here.
- If you need information about your taxes chances are you can get it without calling by clicking TAX INFORMATION.
- Information or forms for voting or running for office can be found on the Clerk's Page.